Thursday, March 1, 2012

The best movie theaters in the country.

Leyn and I are going to the "Princess Bride" Quote-Along tonight at the Alamo Drafthouse. The Drafthouse has a bunch of theaters around Austin and they are unique in that you can order food and beer while watching a movie (great, right?!) We usually go to the South Lamar location which is very close to her apartment. Tonight's show is downtown at the smaller, but still very cool Ritz location on E. 6th.
The Drafthouse shows old films like this all the time. "The Princess Bride" is one of Leyna's faves (she's pumped) and Marissa and I used to watch it all the time growing up (see video above).
Last night my friend Dave (also a native Clevelander) and I went to the Drafthouse's Weird Wednesday showcase that features obscure and often cheesy movies that are great to laugh at (and only costs a buck). Yesterday they showed "American Ninja 2," which was hilarious. Reminded me of the Police Academy movies, except I think they meant for this series to be serious.
Dave goes to the Drafthouse probably 3 or 4 times a week to check out Weird Wednesdays, Terror Tuesdays and other random flicks. This coming Saturday, he and I are gonna attend this amazingly fun event which should warrant a blog post all its own. You all should be jealous. 

4 comments:

  1. BTW, Tonette wanted me to tell you the sun star courier has gotten a lot lighter since you've been gone.

    ReplyDelete